Sunday 7 August 2011

How does my first computer got screwed?

How does my first computer got screwed?
            How does computing help ones life? It makes life easier by streamlining the work done in calculations, text processing, knowledge gathering, and entertaintment etc.But when I bought my first computer I was uncertain about the purpose of having one! Nasty isn’t it? Even I was not finished with my decision whether to buy a desktop or laptop.
            I am having made a little money from my healthcare practice away from my home. I decided to buy a laptop so that I can use it in my stays away from my home. While I purchased my first laptop. I was remaining quiescent at home, alone away from my wife and first child. Those days’ cheaper laptops were not available in the market as these days. We have net books available nowadays which come in around 15000Rs .As matter of fact you can see the price of my first computer was around 34000Rs as it is evident from the receipt scanned copy I had from online pc essentials, a shop in Cochin City.
   






        


I had IBM side by my first Compaq Presario 2000 machine when I dropped to the dealer. I made a reasonable decision to buy Compaq to get satisfied with a wider screen for my multi media activities. I had given away this system to my brother temporarily when I got another job nearer to my family. When I had my first system again in my hands 2 years were elapsed. Might be due to voltage fluctuation problems TFT LCD transistors got hit by failure and ultimately there appeared vertical lines on my display. It gradually increased in number as I kept using my system. I repaired the LCD with a second hand display in a local repair store, which took 6000Rs out of my pocket. I remember that I repaired it after a mighty long 6yrs.After which I had a bit of programming with it. Its processing was gradually deteriorating and ultimately hard disk got screwed. Though all hard disks are made to fail one day some times pc hard disks fail very earlier. I was lucky enough to use my system for a long 7yrs.I was very sad to sell it of in a repair shop for only 2500Rs.
            After my Compaq I had an old HP laptop from one of my cousins. Which also got stuck by processor problem? As its evident that notebooks last for about 3-5yrs.This blog I typed in my latest purchase a powerful i3, 500 GB assembled desktop. Hope this will last quite some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment